Are there any good ways to lose weight fast?
The Kick-Start Soup Diet recipe
(Makes enough for one person for two days.)
• 3 tomatoes
• 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes
• 2 cans of liquid stock (beef, chicken or vegetable)
• 2 cups of water
• 1 packet of vegetable or French onion dry soup powder
• 1 bunch spring onions
• 1 bunch of celery, including leaves
• 2 cups of green beans
• 3 green capsicums
• 1kg carrots
• 2 stock cubes (chicken, beef or vegie)
1. Chop all the vegies into small pieces and put them in a big pot with the
2. Add salt and pepper (not too much salt).
3. Boil rapidly for two minutes and simmer until it’s nice and tender.
4. If you want it thinner, add a bit more water.
Have as much of the soup as you want, whenever you want.
Avoid toast and cereal for breakfast while on this plan. Stick with the
recommended foods for each day.
You should only follow this seven-day eating plan for a maximum of three
times in six months.
DAY 1. SOUP AND FRUIT:
Eat any fruit except bananas because they are high in kilojoules. Eat as
much as you want. If you don’t want soup for breakfast have a fruit salad
DAY 2. SOUP AND VEGIES, NO FRUIT:
Eat as much fresh, raw or lightly steamed vegies as you like. Leafy greens
are great but avoid peas, corn and beans as they are high in sugar. Reward
yourself at night with a jacket potato, a little butter or better still,
DAY 3. SOUP, VEGIES AND FRUIT:
Eat all you want but no potatoes.
DAY 4. SOUP AND BANANA SMOOTHIES:
Make a banana smoothie with low-fat or skim milk – it’s a great source of
potassium. Have a maximum of three large bananas per day.
DAY 5. SOUP, BEEF AND TOMATOES:
Eat a piece of lean beef or a skinless breast of chicken no bigger than a
deck of cards with six luscious tomatoes. These quantities are per day.
You can go easy on the soup today.
DAY 6. SOUP, BEEF AND VEGIES:
Eat plenty of beef (or skinless chicken or fish) and vegies today. You
mightn’t need soup as much but your body will tell you. No potatoes.
DAY 7. SOUP, BROWN RICE, VEGIES AND FRUIT JUICE:
You might need more soup today.
Remember: do not eat any bread, fried foods or oil on the seven-day plan.
• While on the plan, do not have any soft drinks or alcohol.
• You can drink unsweetened fruit juice or cranberry juice; black, green or
herbal tea (you can have skim milk with black tea); coffee; skim milk and
plenty of water – six to eight glasses a day.
• Because you’re not consuming many carbohydrates, some may find the glucose
in their bloodstream becomes too low, causing hypoglycaemia.
• This can cause a range of symptoms, such as headache, sweatiness, anxiety,
irritability and drowsiness.
• Don’t worry, it might sound awful but it’s easily fixed.
• Have a sandwich with whole-grain bread, a slice of low-fat cheese and a
bit of ham but no butter or margarine. Vegetarians can try a low-fat cheese
and tomato sandwich. But only have a maximum of one sandwich per day.
• If these symptoms occur repeatedly consult your doctor.